This 4-ounce sausage patty brunch burger with bacon, wilted spinach, a fried egg, and gouda on brioche bun is a lovely indulgence for those who love a good glass of Malbec to celebrate a weekend brunch. Enjoy with our Arrowood Knights Valley Malbec.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp onion, minced
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cups spinach, packed
- 4 large eggs
- gouda cheese
- 8 strips bacon, fully cooked
- 4 brioche burger buns
- Mix the ground pork with salt, black pepper, oregano, nutmeg, garlic, and onion. Form into four patties.
- Heat a cast iron pan with 2 Tbsp oil over medium heat. Brown the patties on each side, approximately two minutes per side. Remove.
- Fry the eggs in a nonstick pan, seasoning them with salt, and cook to desired doneness. We recommend sunny-side up.
- Once the eggs are friend, wilt the spinach in the same pan until most of the liquid has leached out.
- Toast the buns, and assemble the burger with remaining ingredients.