2006 Arrowood Syrah
Le Beau Mélange, Sonoma Valley
About The WineFor the past decade we have been strong proponents of organic farming. In addition to the obvious environmental benefits, we find the fruit from organically-farmed vineyards to be more vibrant, balanced and expressive of the terroir. By using organic techniques, we are essentially putting back into the land more than we are taking out. The soils are enriched and vine fertility is strong.
Our 2006 Sonoma Valley Syrah is composed of grapes grown on our organically-farmed, estate vineyard surrounding the winery and the nearby Lasseter Vineyards. Here in the heart of the Sonoma Valley it's a bucolic setting of rolling hills, well-tended vineyards and soaring oaks.
Tasting NotesOur 2006 Sonoma Valley Syrah is deep in color and rich in its aromatics. The color is near black and the bouquet is a mix of dark fruit, earth, leather, pepper and stone. The dominant character of the Syrah grape is augmented by the compelling personalities of each vineyard. This wine can be consumed over the next 5-7 years.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Syrah
- Appellation: Sonoma County
- Viticultural Areas/Vineyards: Sonoma Valley [82% Arrowood Estate Vineyard, 18% Lasseter Vineyard]
- Harvest Dates: September 2006
- Average Sugar at Harvest: 25.5° Brix
- Average pH (Harvest/Bottling): 4.0
- Average Total Acid (Harvest/Bottling): 0.54g per 100ml
- Aging: Aged in French oak barrels for 16 months prior to bottling; unfined, unfiltered
- Alcohol by Volume: 15.2%
- Release Date: February 2011
- Total Production: 288 cases