2005 Arrowood Late Harvest White Riesling
Alexander Valley (375 mL)
Acclaim91 Points - Robert Parker, Jr., Wine Advocate, #168 December 2006
Winemaker’s NotesOur 2005 Late Harvest is very Germanic. The nose is extremely perfumed and loaded with honeysuckle, peaches and apricots. On the palate it is clean, rich and packed with fruit. The great structure keeps this Riesling from being cloying. On the palate the wine is rich, viscous, and lively. The finish is long, silky and incredibly complex.
The grapes for our 2005 Late Harvest White Riesling came from Hoot Owl Creek in Sonoma County's Alexander Valley. This is a temperate site with cold nights, overcast or foggy mornings and warm afternoons. In 2005 the conditions were perfect for the development of Botrytis allowing us to produce a small quantity of this special bottling.
Harvest took place on November 1st. After pressing the grapes, we fermented the juice in 100% stainless steel tanks to preserve the character of the fruit. The wine was not allowed to go through malolactic fermentation to retain the natural bouquet of the variety and firm structure needed to support the residual sugar.
- Varietal Composition: 100% White Riesling
- Appellation: Sonoma County
- Viticultural Areas/Vineyards: Alexander Valley
- Harvest Dates: November 1, 2005
- Average Sugar at Harvest: 25.5° Brix
- Average pH (Harvest/Bottling): 3.6/3.8
- Average Total Acid (Harvest/Bottling): .59g per 100ml/.47g per 100ml
- Aging: 100% stainless steel fermentation
- Alcohol by Volume: 12.5%
- Residual Sugar: 7.2g per 100ml
- Release Date: April 2008
- Total Production: 301 cases