2007 Arrowood Cabernet Sauvignon
Sonoma Valley, Murray Ranch Vineyard
About The WineThe Sonoma Valley floor gives way to hillside, benchlands and mountain top terrain. A range of soils and diverse micro-climates occur between the valley floor and mountain tops. High above Glen Ellen on an eastern facing slope of Sonoma Mountain sits Murray Ranch Vineyard. The property and former homestead know as the Clark Ranch, was purchased in 1997 by Christine & Mike Murray. Now while relatively small as valley's go, introductions were made regarding a small 6 acre block of old vine Cabernet located on the property. Richard Arrowood persuaded Mike not to pull out the block. Mike agreed, hands were shaken, and a friendship and business relationship established.
Fruit from Murray Ranch Vineyards has been a key component in all Arrowood Réserve Spéciale Cabernet Sauvignon since 2000. New plantings have been established over the years. But not much has changed when it comes to the quality of grapes and unique characteristics of wine made from the vineyard. This wine will only get better with time.
Tasting NotesThis exquisite, 100% Cabernet beauty is very luscious and fruit forward with black cherry and hints of vanilla and toasty oak from over two years of aging in French and American oak barrels. Layer upon complex layer eventually leads to a long, clean finish jammed packed with texture and flavor.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Appellation: Sonoma County
- Viticultural Areas/Vineyards: Sonoma Valley - Murray Ranch
- Harvest Dates: September 29 through October 1, 2007
- Average Sugar at Harvest: 25.2° Brix
- Average pH (Harvest/Bottling): 3.3/3.5
- Average Total Acid (Harvest/Bottling): .63g per 100ml/.62g per 100ml
- Aging: Aged predominantly in French and American oak barrels for 29 months; bottled unfined and unfiltered.
- Alcohol by Volume: 15.5%
- Release Date: April 2011
- Total Production: 250 cases